Thursday, May 30, 2013

5 top guilty pleasures

Welcome to the first installment in the Top 5 series.

This week's post is Top 5 Guilty Pleasures.

1) Reality TV Shows
     I am addicted to this stuff, even though, in most cases, I can feel my brain rotting as I watch it. Some of my less proud ones are Myrtle Manor, My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, and Real Housewives of Orange County. I will admit, part of me watches them because no matter how insane my life may be, it is NOTHING compared to that.
    My less brain rotting shows include Sister Wives and 19 Kids and Counting. While they are definitely not depicting mainstream cultural ideals, I find them fascinating. Once you open your mind, both shows do have very good advice for keeping marriages strong, raising children to be responsible adults, and healthy conflict resolution.

2) Chips and Dip
     But only Lay's regular chips with Dean's French Onion Dip. I could eat an entire bag/container of this stuff and have absolutely no qualms about it. (Until I enter it into My Fitness Plan or SparkPeople trackers and see how much fat/sodium I just consumed)

3) Long showers
    I know, I know, conserve water to save the environment, save money, help the world, but dang do I love taking a long, steaming hot shower. Especially now that I have a toddler and the shower is my only private place. It's just so nice and warm and quiet....

4) Ipad games
    Top contenders include Royal Envoy 2, My Horse, and Pocket Frog. These things could entertain me for hours and I would gladly let the world run without me.

5) Smart Food Kettle Popcorn or Smart Food White Cheddar
    Similar to the chips and dip, I could eat an entire bag of this stuff (and not the little snack sized bag, oh no) without even blinking an eye. Nom...

There you have it, my top 5 guilty pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment